AN EFFECTIVE VIOLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE PROGRAM
An effective program should include:
· Worksite Analysis
· Hazard Prevention and Control Plan
· Record Keeping and evaluation
These elements are designed to help the facility recognize, identify, and correct security threats.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
An effective Education and Training Program should include:
· Training employees and staff on the management of assaultive behavior.
· How to recognize security hazards.
· Incident reporting.
· Potential risk of illness and injuries from assault.
· Use of corrective measures.
· Restraint application.
· Progressive behavior control methods.
· Availability of assistance.
RECORD KEEPING AND EVALUATION
· Recording of violent incidents.
· Verbal attacks or aggressive behavior incidents.
· Safety committee minutes reflect violence in the workplace issues.
· Training records for staff and employees
· OSHA 200 log.
The evaluation process should describe how to conduct a periodic assessment of accomplishments, progress made, and future needs. This can be accomplished through the review of reports, safety committee minutes, and interviews with employees.
The written program should include:
· Recognizing high risk behavior.
· Managing hostile or verbally threatening people.
· Reporting assaultive behavior.
· Visitor control.
· Post incident response.
· Identifying training issues.